The "dash" is usually on a gravestone, in between the year of birth and the year of death. Living life is about making meaning of the dash, within the dash.
I'm tired of the usual posts - except the one's about nature, animals, so on. The political blogs bore me. The allegedly smart and sophisticated cynicism. Obama gets sworn in, and the blogosphere is flooded with criticism, beliefs in conspiracies. I anticipated reading that Obama was a product of Area 51. "Hope" is just as politically correct as snarkiness. But snark is so much more clever, isn't it?
My 'dash' is, right now, weeping into the concrete of the grave marker. Oh, go ahead, label it as self-pity. Actual feelings are too scary to face. Better to label. My 'dash' is also full of anger. No one ever actually said life should be fair, but it seems we are all hardwired with that expectation.
We all go through losses, and they mount as we age. It's my season to be surrounded by losses through death, and other ways as well. I, too, am now indoctrinated into the world of trying to survive the loss of people deemed vital.
No neat ending. No railing against the fates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am sorry for your loss, whatever you feel that you are railing against...Fate is never tidy....and loss is never easy...
ReplyDeleteI am Enigma4ever...you stopped by Watergate Summer....which is not in any way a usual political blog- it is more about how Politics collides with Life....all life small things to bigger things and how we change , adapt and survive..there is little snark ( some humor)...it is mostly about trying to find our way out of the Bush Regime and move to the next phase of things......and yes about reclaiming Hope and healing our Empathy deficit....
( you can come visit anytime....I don't always Blog about Obama...but after working on getting him elected - which took many many monthes and much hard work yes I am blogging his first weeks in office..but I do blog other things as well...Life..)
take care..
keep blogging....
I went to your blog because I saw it listed on someone else's. I'm new to all this.
ReplyDeletePosting on Obama is great. I liked Kucinich, but was not to be.
Thanks for stopping by. I am also a Virgo. I blog about pretty much everything, even politics occasionally. I liked Kucinich too, shared his views on most things, but am afraid he's too liberal to ever actually get elected in this centrist country of ours.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry for your loss. You are right, they increase as we age, and are harder to take.